Delta Airlines is one of the major Airlines of the United States. It is one of the world's oldest airlines which is still in operation. It is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. When traveling by plane, there may be circumstances that you have to face a delay on the scheduled time of your flight.
Methods of Delta Airlines' Delayed Flight Compensation
In this situation, you might have a number of questions to ask. So,here we have tried to provide you with all the essential information that you might need to know about the compensation for a delayed Delta flight.
Does Delta have to pay you for delays?
There may be various reasons for flight delay. Delta is responsible to pay to the passengers for the delays that occurred due to the technical faults or internal issues but if the delay is due to any external conditions such as airport incidents, traffic control strikes or bad weather then Delta does not pay anything to any of its passengers.
How do I get reimbursement from Delta ?
To request reimbursement from Delta Airlines, there are both offline and online ways.
Online refund form
You have to fill a refund form if you want to get reimbursed from Delta Airlines. Here is a process for requesting the reimbursement :
- Firstly go to the official website of Delta Airlines.
- Open the " Need Help" Menu.
- Then click on the "Refund Help" Option.
- Tap on the "Request" a refund or "reimbursement" link.
- Then you will be able to get the required form on the site.
- Now add the essential details such as your contact information, flight details etc.
- Next click on the "Submit" option to send your request.
- After receiving your request, Delta Airlines will surely reimburse you within a few days.
Contact Customer Service
To request for the reimbursement, you may also get in touch with an agent at Delta Customer Service.
Do this as per the given instructions :
- Dial 800-221-1212 and wait for an official person to connect.
- Then you have to ask them to submit your request for reimbursement.
- The agent will ask you the reason and also confirm the flight details.
- After providing all the necessary details, the reimbursement request will be submitted to Delta Airlines.
- The requested copy will also be shared on your email address by the agents.
How do you get compensated for Delta Airlines ?
If your flight has been delayed for any reason and you want to get compensated for the same from the Delta airlines. Then, here are steps that will help surely help you :
- Log your account on the Delta Airlines website.
- Then you have to slide to the My trips section, your Delta reservation schedule will be shown on the screen.
- Now, you need to tap the "Cancel" option and follow the cancellation instructions.
- Then the refund option will be shown on the page. Fill out all the required information in the refund form.
- Click on the "Submit"option.
- And your refund required form will be shared with Delta Airlines.
- The compensation will be provided to you for the delayed flight within a maximum of 14 working days.
How much is Delta's compensation ?
Compensation of Delta Airlines depends on several factors such as flight destination, fare type and on various other reasons as well. But on an average it is € 600 per person.
How many hours of flight delay before compensation for Delta?
If the flight is delayed for at least 3 hours then you are eligible for Delta flight delay compensation but if the scheduled timing shifts less than 3 hours then no compensation will be provided to you and you need to rebook your ticket.
Here we have tried to cover all the relevant information regarding compensation for delayed Delta flights.
For any further queries, passengers can visit the official website of Delta Airlines.
Enjoy your travel experience.
HAVE A SAFE JOURNEY !!!